none
SCOM Health Service greyed out on Management Server

Question

• Hello Together,

i have a problem with the health service on one of our Management Servers. After starting the health service everything is fine and the health service shows green on the Management Server. After some minutes the health service gets gray (but still status healthy).

Looking in the Active Alert node shows the following:

The System Center Management Health Service 194AA3DF-9366-65EA-BAE7-B3AD0F03FF22 running on host and serving management group with id {676F65A3-A61C-C818-5538-C70927DB1B5C} is not healthy. Some system rules failed to load.

Looking in the Operations Manager event log shows the following:

A module of type "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.SubscriptionDataSource.TypeSpaceSubscriptionDataSource" reported an exception System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
       at System.Collections.CollectionBase.OnValidate(Object value)
       at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.SubscriptionDataSource.HttpRESTClient.PostDataAsync(Byte[] data, Object context)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.SubscriptionDataSource.SubscriptionDataSource`2.WriteToCloud(List`1 items, DateTime firstTryDateTime)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.SubscriptionDataSource.SubscriptionDataSource`2.PostAsync(List`1 items, DateTime firstTryDateTime) which was running as part of rule "Microsoft.SystemCenter.CollectTypeSpace" running for instance "All Management Servers Resource Pool" with id:"{4932D8F0-C8E2-2F4B-288E-3ED98A340B9F}" in management group.

I already tried to repair health service by stopping the health service and deleting the folder health service state. But it is always the same. After starting the health service again it stays some minutes green and then it gets greyed out again.

Any idea what could cause the issue and how to fix it?

Best Regards,

Udo

News from Forum

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you have "Microsoft System Center Advisor Essentials Library" MP installed?

Please look for "Send TypeSpace to the Cloud" rule.

Thanks!

Sam

• Edited by Sameer Mhaisekar Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by aladin4711 Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:03 PM
  • I found the rule and disabled it. Stopped Monitoring Agent, deleted Health Service State folder, restarted the Monitoring Agent again and now all is green.

Thank you everybody for your help, very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Udo

News from Forum

• Marked as answer by aladin4711 Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check for events 2115 on your management servers. To fix this you can follow this article:

How to troubleshoot Event ID 2115-related performance problems in Operations Manager

Greetings Roel Knippen

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hello,

Please check the connectivity of your MS to the Databases. Also do you have agentless servers reporting to that MS? Please check the event logs and post the event ID's. Please check the links here for reference, in addition to the one Roel provided:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/6854da73-e5b2-4300-8377-ad12bb2ee078/scom-2012-management-server-grayed-out-every-10-15-min-after-restart-the-scom-services-its-work?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/69c391dd-7662-4d6e-8f0e-0f933b755c51/scom-2012-r2-management-server-grayed-out?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Sam

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

i was checking event logs for id 2115. but there are no such entries. We also dont have agentless servers.

Any other suggestions?

Greetings,

Udo

News from Forum

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

What event-id are you seeing in the operatons manager Log.

greetings Roel Knippen

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:07 AM
  • it is event id 4502 with the text i posted. And then it is followed by event id 1103 with the following:

Summary: 1 rule(s)/monitor(s) failed and got unloaded, 1 of them reached the failure limit that prevents automatic reload. Management group. This is summary only event, please see other events with descriptions of unloaded rule(s)/monitor(s).

News from Forum

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

Please see if disabling the rule Microsoft.SystemCenter.CollectTypeSpace helps?

Thanks,

Sam

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hello,

What is your SCOM version? What changes have you made before you encounter this issue?

I suggest you check do you have any management packs that may need to upgrade to new version. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Hey,

SCOM Version ist Version 2016 with UR 3. All MP's are updated. No changes made before. We have a second Management Server. There is all running fine.

Best Regards,

Udo

News from Forum

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

Please see if disabling the rule Microsoft.SystemCenter.CollectTypeSpace helps?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi,

Have you tried this? Does it help?

Sam

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Where do i find this rule?

I was searching for rules with collect, type and space in but didnt find.

News from Forum

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have "Microsoft System Center Advisor Essentials Library" MP installed?

Please look for "Send TypeSpace to the Cloud" rule.

Thanks!

Sam

• Edited by Sameer Mhaisekar Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by aladin4711 Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:03 PM
  • I found the rule and disabled it. Stopped Monitoring Agent, deleted Health Service State folder, restarted the Monitoring Agent again and now all is green.

Thank you everybody for your help, very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Udo

News from Forum

• Marked as answer by aladin4711 Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:50 PM