none
Resource calendars RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When I create resources and assign them to a project calendar, the exceptions I created in the project calendar do not show in the resource's calendar.  How can I rectify this issue.  Cheers.

Doug Fisher

Monday, November 18, 2013 10:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Doug,

Actually you don't assign resources to a project calendar.

You have a base calendar (server settings) with the weekly working hours (ie 40hrs per week) plus days off depending on your country. Assigning this calendar to projects and resources, it will be applied to projects tasks and assignments.

Note that from this base calendar, you can create new calendars, for example for night shifts.

In addition to this, by checking out and editing resources in MS Project Pro, you can add exceptions to the resources calendar, meaning holidays or any non-working days dedicated to the resource.

Then your project plan will reflect both base calendar working time and resource exceptions.

Here is a useful link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/set-working-times-vacations-and-holidays-for-your-project-HA010351554.aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, November 18, 2013 10:40 PM
  • Hi Doug,

My impression is that you are not working in a Project Server environment, so Guillaume's explanations may sound somewhat strange to you.

Quastion is how exactly do you "assign a resource to the Project Calendar"?

Greetings,

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:21 PM