none
Front End Transport and Mail Flow Problems

Question

• Every afternoon my email users are the busiest of the week, around 11:00 or 12:30 , mail stops flowing. There are no indicators other than the fact no one is receiving email. I can work around it by restarting the Microsoft Exchange Transport service.

I think I have way too many receive connectors (some created automatically in the conversion from 2010), but I don't know which ones I can safely remove, or the proper configuration for the remaining one(s).

We have 5 receive connectors:   1. Client Frontend AHP-EXCH13 (FrontendTransport)

2. Client Proxy AHP-EXCH13 (HubTransport)

3. Default AHP-EXCH13 (HubTransport)

4. Default Frontend AHP-EXCH13

5. Outbound Proxy Frontend AHP-EXCH13

Then, I want to configure the remaining connector(s) so mail doesn't stop flowing when the queue gets backed up.

Thank you,

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hello FJFJDFJ,

From your description, you need to restart the transport service to push the mail flow. And this issue just occur in specific time period, it seems a performance issue or transport settings issue.

And we do not need to remove any connectors,they are all created by default.

We should check and resolved this issue via the steps below:

Check if large number message with attachments were sent during the time period, if so set the receive connectors maxreceivemessage size to larger FE: 50M or 100M,

Check if any performance related issue with checking the Application log with the event like:1500X. Make sure the RAM is enough for our environments.

Any error messages in queue or event log, please post out in detail if it doesn't work.

Hope it helps and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by FJFJDFJ Friday, March 23, 2018 2:00 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hello FJFJDFJ,

From your description, you need to restart the transport service to push the mail flow. And this issue just occur in specific time period, it seems a performance issue or transport settings issue.

And we do not need to remove any connectors,they are all created by default.

We should check and resolved this issue via the steps below:

Check if large number message with attachments were sent during the time period, if so set the receive connectors maxreceivemessage size to larger FE: 50M or 100M,

Check if any performance related issue with checking the Application log with the event like:1500X. Make sure the RAM is enough for our environments.

Any error messages in queue or event log, please post out in detail if it doesn't work.

Hope it helps and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by FJFJDFJ Friday, March 23, 2018 2:00 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Hi

Can you advise if you have an back pressure errors in the application log within event viewer?

Any backups running at that time that is pushing the server to its max which will result in Exchange hitting a threshold and it cannot process until the threshold is below limits again.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:49 AM