none
how to execute "netsh wlan connect SSID", but SSID has space and quotation marks? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all:

I have a wifi roruter with SSID test "3"

But when I execute following command netsh wlan connect "test \"3\""

the netsh reply: 未將設定檔 "test " 指派給指定的介面。

Sorry my windows7 is chinese version, but as you can see, netsh detect my SSID as test, not test "3".

Does everybody know how to use netsh to connect to a SSID, and these SSID has space and quotation mark both?

Regards,

Joseph

Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Joseph,

Firstly, please modify your SSID name to make sure it do not contain spaces or special characters. SSID name is the router setting. please go there to change SSID name.

In addition, If only one SSID is specified in the profile, then the specified SSID is used to connect, and the ssid parameter is not required. If the profile specifies multiple SSIDs, the ssid parameter is required.

Therefore, I would like to suggest you run command as this syntax:

netsh wlan conncet ssid=Your SSID of the unsecured wireless network name=Your current profile name

To do this, please refer to the section “connect” in the following document:

Netsh Commands for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Preliminary

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755301.aspx#bkmk_wlanConn

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Joseph,

Firstly, please modify your SSID name to make sure it do not contain spaces or special characters. SSID name is the router setting. please go there to change SSID name.

In addition, If only one SSID is specified in the profile, then the specified SSID is used to connect, and the ssid parameter is not required. If the profile specifies multiple SSIDs, the ssid parameter is required.

Therefore, I would like to suggest you run command as this syntax:

netsh wlan conncet ssid=Your SSID of the unsecured wireless network name=Your current profile name

To do this, please refer to the section “connect” in the following document:

Netsh Commands for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Preliminary

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755301.aspx#bkmk_wlanConn

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:03 AM
  • why not use under score like: test_3

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:36 AM
  • These guys are stupid don't listen to them try this

Netsh wlan show profiles "Example*Network"

Put ( * ) where the space would be

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:05 PM
  • These guys are stupid don't listen to them try this

Netsh wlan show profiles "Example*Network"

Put ( * ) where the space would be

Experience shows the only "stupid" ones are the arrogant, ignorant ones thinking they are smarter than the rest of the world!!
    • Proposed as answer by Smokin'Hot Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:47 AM
  • yeah man, thanks, your comment really helped

can also work on special characters, like vowels with a diaeresis
    Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:41 AM