Does anyone knows if PDW's DWLoader works in SSIS Execution Process Task? Is there a sample?
I struggle to find documentation on using DWLoader.exe in Execution Process Task (EPT) of SSIS. There are articles in PDW BOL about DWLoader.exe or SSIS to load data, however, there is no article I can find about using DWLoader.exe in Execution Process Task SSIS. I'd expect SSIS to behave the same way as we execute it in Command Prompt.
A working (dwloader.exe) command string when putting to run in [Execution Process Task] in SSIS failed and it is hard to trap the errors. Tried writing the error out in my command string, as well as setting the StandardErrorVariable of the task, neither one caught the details about the error. I also put the same command string in a bat file and then ran it, it worked. I then used EPT to run my bat, that actually succeeded. (That indicated to me Execution Process Task might have interpreted my string differently).
- Edited by CT2000 Friday, September 27, 2013 1:21 AM
Yes DWLoader works in a SSIS 2012 Process Task.
In the Process Task, right-click and select Edit.
This will bring up the Execute Process Task Editor window.
Select the Process menu option on the left.
Set the following Process attributes:
- RequireFullFileName: True
- Executable: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse\100\dwLoader.exe
- Arguments: -i "C:\TestFiles\SAMPLE.CSV" -T TESTPDW.dbo.TestTable -R "C:\TestFiles\SAMPLE.reject" -rt value -rv 100 -t "|" -r \r\n -E -m -M FastAppend -fh 1
The settings above will attempt to load the CSV file into the TestTable table, and will quit if errors exceed 100.
- Proposed as answer by Răzvan-Alexandru Duță Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:35 AM
It solved my problem.....i was writing command same as Command prompt-
and when i used only -
then it solved my purpose.