Problem with publishing Exchange 2010 OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've recently setup and configured UAG RTM.

I've published Exchange 2010 OWA and configured my Exchange CAS server to use Basic Authentication.

When I login to UAG and click the Outlook Web Access icon, OWA loads fine and I can see my inbox and nagivate the interface as usual.

However when I try go to settings in OWA, I was prompted to authenticate again but with a forms login. Trying to authenticate would just fail in a blank site.

So what I thought was that UAG documentation did not mention anything about Exchange ECP (Exchange Control Panel) and so I went to my Exchange CAS server and changed ECP to use Basic authentication as well.

Now when I try to go to settings, I get an access denied like this:

"You don't have permission to open this page. If you're a new user or were recently assigned credentials, please wait 15 minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator."

http://i48.tinypic.com/24wyluo.jpg
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:43 AM

Answers

• Seems this was an Exchange problem, had to recreate my mailbox after reading throug the events saying the mailbox didnt have the proper management permissions.

However it seems ECP needs to be changed to Basic authentication to work with UAG, which I could not find stated anywhere in the UAG technical docs.
    • Marked as answer by MESDK Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:58 PM
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:58 PM

All replies

• Seems this was an Exchange problem, had to recreate my mailbox after reading throug the events saying the mailbox didnt have the proper management permissions.

However it seems ECP needs to be changed to Basic authentication to work with UAG, which I could not find stated anywhere in the UAG technical docs.
    • Marked as answer by MESDK Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:58 PM
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:58 PM
  • Hi I have a question, what about OWA from local network, not from UAG clients.

What about if you try to acces ECP from local.

I have the same problem but when I try to publish over TMG, and when I try to acces local

Any help?

MCITP MCTS
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by CValentinHH Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:12 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:12 PM