Home Listener Group Error - Service Code: -2147467262 --- Exit Code: 1066 -- Path: C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I've my home laptop Win 7x64 - SP1 (Home Premium) and recently I did a resource and performance health check and found out this homegroup listener error. I've visited many forums  and tried different methods to recitfy it but still my problem seems to be there.

Just give u an idea I tried the resolution giveb my Novak in the form

a:-http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/79ce2aad-0508-478b-b2d7-b89f70821c37 

b:- home7forums.com

but still I keep getting this error. If required please let me know I can forward you the screen shots too.

Question 2:- Apart from this I even found out that I'm not able to leave my homegroup and again I tired different fourms to resolve it but in vain.

So after lot of trial process, I've given up and request anyone of the team member to resolve this problem.

I would like to thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Regards

Stan

Friday, January 27, 2012 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Team,

I'll be glad if there are any resolutions of the above problem. I'm still waiting eargerly for your replies.

Regards

Stan

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, I recommend that you may check the dependencies services and ensure their statuses are started.

If you want to leave your homegroup, you may change your network location to “Work network” or “Public network”.

Here is a similar discussion can be referred to.

HomeGroup provider service won’t start. error: 2147467262…

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/homegroup-provider-service-wont-start-error/78633ff1-5750-42c1-89db-b7d74a719de6

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi Ivan-Liu,

Thanks for your time and patience, really appreciated. I did check my services run as administrator and clicked on the dependencies tab as shown above in the pic. For all of them there startup type is in the automatic - Start mode.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as you asked me to check there dependencies status are started but there was no option for me to start them there and then clicked the general tab to check if there are in the started status. Hope I'm not confusing you.

I even looked at the similar discussion thread as suggested and its the same story. All of them are in the started status .

I'm attaching the screenshot for your assistance. Hope it helps.

Note:- I'm still not able to move from the homegroup????????????????????

Eagerly waiting for your answer and thanks a million for your help. Hope there is a resolution soon.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to help you, please post your system event logs here.

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your help. As I'm doing this for the first time (pasting the event log), hope this is correct. If not please let me know how to proceed in getting the event log and uploading in HTML OR other data form.

Once again thanks for your help and eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards

StanError, Critical & Warning - System Log

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:50 PM