Cannot connect to Outlook email program RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to connect to Outlook sign in, I get a message...'This page cannot be displayed'!  done all I can think of...nothing wrong with my computer or internet connection.  Does anyone know whats going on.   Changed my password too as I thought it may have been temporarily blocked due to hacking or something.  Very frustrated!!  Can someone help please????

Friday, October 3, 2014 1:44 PM

Answers

• Whenever I try to connect to Outlook sign in, I get a message...'This page cannot be displayed'!  done all I can think of...

You need to do diagnosis to understand your problem symptoms.  E.g. this scenario involves DNS aliases, redirects, multiple requests, etc.  Failure in function or timing at any stage could cause the external symptom.  Use the Developer Tools, Network capture tool for a start.  Note that because of the redirects especially you will want Clear entries on navigate (an unfortunate default IMO) OFF.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, October 17, 2014 8:03 AM
    Saturday, October 4, 2014 3:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Did you mean to login on www.outlook.com?

Can you login this email in other browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Consider this issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or temp files, please clear these in IE:

Open Internet option -> Under Browsing history -> click Delete, Check on cookies and temporarily internet files items -> click Delete.

Then try again.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:47 PM

All replies

• Outlook online (O365 Azure)?

W.Maxx MCITP MCSE MCSA MCP 2k8 2k3 2k nt4 AD, Exchange, DNS, msProject, SharePoint IBM iSeries RIM blackberry

Friday, October 3, 2014 4:02 PM
  • Whenever I try to connect to Outlook sign in, I get a message...'This page cannot be displayed'!  done all I can think of...

You need to do diagnosis to understand your problem symptoms.  E.g. this scenario involves DNS aliases, redirects, multiple requests, etc.  Failure in function or timing at any stage could cause the external symptom.  Use the Developer Tools, Network capture tool for a start.  Note that because of the redirects especially you will want Clear entries on navigate (an unfortunate default IMO) OFF.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, October 4, 2014 3:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Did you mean to login on www.outlook.com?

Can you login this email in other browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Consider this issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or temp files, please clear these in IE:

Open Internet option -> Under Browsing history -> click Delete, Check on cookies and temporarily internet files items -> click Delete.

Then try again.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:47 PM