none
Logon Script with net use not working on regular user with UAC turned off.

Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to apply a GPO that runs a Logon Script that connects a network share. On GPO side everthing seems to be fine. The GPO is applied to the target users and the skript runs as expected. All net use commands are completed successfully but the network drive does not appear in explorer. Running the script manually works as expected.

Here comes the problem: UAC is already deactiveated and the user is not a local admin. So the lauchapp.wsf solution does not apply here. I tried it anyway but it did not succeed.

So what is happening here? I really don't understand what's wrong now. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• Which version of server are you running?

If the logon script is just to map network drives, I strongly recommend using a user preference instead of a login script. This page has more information on it:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770902%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

It also allows you to use Item Level Targeting, which can be useful if each network drive has different permissions.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:08 PM
  • You can use gpresult and rsop.msc to check if the GPO is really applied or not. You can also do some verbose logging in your script so that it can generate logs when it fails. This will help you to troubleshooting.

The other option, which is what I prefer, is what Chris mentioned: You can use GPP to achieve it.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:24 PM
  • Hi,
    In addition, have you tried to run the script manually and see if the drive is mapped successfully? It will help us figure out if the problem is happening on script itself.
    And as the others suggested, please use group policy preference to try it.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:55 AM
  • > All net use commands are completed successfully but the network drive does not appear in explorer.

Need more info... How do you verify that all net use commands run successfully?

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:53 AM