Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Problem creating/renaming Folders on Network drive RRS feed

• Question

• We updated ONE workstation to the W-10 AU, and it has not gone well.  If we go to a network drive, right click and create a new folder, then give it a name, it freezes for about 20+ seconds, then gives this error.

If we cancel, the folder still shows as New Folder.  If we press F5 and refresh over and over again, it eventually shows the new name, despite the error and hitting cancel.  This is of course a DEAL breaker.  The server is Server 2012 Standard, and no other workstations have the issue (they are not running the Anniversary Update).

This does not happen creating folders on the LOCAL drive.

I went to Roll back last night, and was presented with the option to "Chat" with Microsoft.  I did, they said they would have to send me to another team, who wanted a few hundred dollars for a Pay per Incident, but I'll be darned if I am paying to troubleshoot their bug in this update.

I have searched for an answer, and others are having the issue.

PS, saw some references to DFS, but we are not running DFS.

Since there is only a 10-day window to roll back, I will have to do that this weekend.  This of course doesn't give me a way to know if this is ever fixed.

Gary

• Moved by Amy Wang_ Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:43 AM Windows 10 related from Windows Server 2012 Setup forum
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:04 AM

Answers

• I suggest you roll back. Windows 10 is buggish at best. Look at the sheer number of posts regarding Windows 10 Networking Problems. This is very different from Windows 7 where MS actually did test and troubleshoot every new version/hotfix, Service Pack before release into the public. With Windows 10, MS assumes we, the users, are supposed to do that.

Are your other workstations Win10 as well or any better OS?

Best regards, George

Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

As this issue is related to Windows 10, I have moved this thread into Windows 10 forum so that you would get more efficient support.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:45 AM
  • We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:34 AM
  • I suggest you roll back. Windows 10 is buggish at best. Look at the sheer number of posts regarding Windows 10 Networking Problems. This is very different from Windows 7 where MS actually did test and troubleshoot every new version/hotfix, Service Pack before release into the public. With Windows 10, MS assumes we, the users, are supposed to do that.

Are your other workstations Win10 as well or any better OS?

Best regards, George

Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:26 PM