Dialing 911 from Skype for Business w/ 3-digit extensions RRS feed

• Question

• In Skype for Business Server, we have 3-digit extension dialing set up. This is working just fine. The issue is that there are certain 3-digit numbers (not the least of which is 911) that we need to have go outside the local system. I'm having a difficult time getting this to work. I don't know where the issue lies, but I can't get the system to dial out to save my life. Here's what I've done:

1) Added a dialing rule for 911 and moved it to the top of the list. I have it translating to 411 for now (so as not to bombard 911 with test calls - once it works, I will make one test to 911 dispatch and ask them to confirm the caller ID and location).

2) Configured the route to match 411 and 911 (to send to the external trunk)

3) I even ran a Voice Routing Test Case to be sure that the result is what I expected. It is.

However, when I dial 911 (and it gets translated to 411), it always rings our internal receptionist response group, and I can't figure out why. 

Can anyone help me figure out what else I need to change to make this work?
    Friday, August 17, 2018 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi LCCSMajor,

Based on your screenshot, the “Emergency 911” normalization rule will translate to 411, the result is normal(if the number match the Pattern ^911$, it will be translate to 411).

If you want to change it ,you can modifed this rule like the following screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 20, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Right, that's not the issue. As I mentioned, I have it translating to 411 as a test. The issue is it translates to 411 and doesn't ring outside the system. It rings our internal receptionist response group.
    Monday, August 20, 2018 12:44 PM
  • Hi ,

If you have passed the test as expected ,did you set the routing table in the PSTN gateway like the following screenshot?

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:17 AM
  • I've never seen anything that looks like that screenshot. Where is that found?
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:58 AM
  • You can open you FQDN of pstn GW in browser, you will find it. which kind of PSTN GW that you used.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:28 AM
  • I'm sorry I'm not following. Do you mean the Session Border Controller?
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi, is 411 an internal extension, or Group Call Orbit #?

Monday, September 10, 2018 11:37 AM
  • No, 411 is not used internally. Nor is 911.
    Monday, September 10, 2018 12:07 PM