Logging into Domain Profile Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've been rather unsuccessful in finding (or at least searching for) a solution to a rather tricky problem I have encountered with another user. 

The user in question has a domain account that they log into a domain joined computer. When they start up the computer after turning it off the previous day, restart the computer, or even lock the computer (through CTRL+ALT+DEL or Windows+L) it will send them to the login screen where the default and only profile is on the screen. After putting in their password, it simply sends them back to the same "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL" screen. This happens with each attempt and is reproducible, no other errors show such as "Incorrect Password". For the user to login, they must go to the lower left of the screen, click on "Switch User", and then click on their same profile for it to accept the password and log them in. The user must do this for every instance that they power cycle, restart, or lock their computer. 

Any advice on this issue is much appreciated as I had said above, I have not had much success with figuring out a solution for this.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to use CTRL+ALT+End to lock computer to see if the issue still occur.

Here some links may help you.

How to enable or disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE sequence for logging on to Windows XP, to Windows Vista, and to Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/308226/how-to-enable-or-disable-the-ctrl-alt-delete-sequence-for-logging-on-t

Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL requirement for logon:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms814164.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, December 29, 2017 9:20 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 3:02 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 1, 2018 7:28 AM
  • The issue seemed to resolve itself without any intervention from me. After calling back the user, she said she returned from a longer vacation and the issue was no longer present. I will keep this idea in mind however should the issue pop back up. I appreciate the advice.
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:35 PM
  • Im glad to hear that your issue had been solved.

As always, if you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:34 AM