none
DWD/CD ROM does not read media DWD/CD although driver is installed and device is working properly, how to resolve the problem ?

All replies

• Does the DVD drive show under This PC? If not try;

Right-click the Start button > Command Prompt (Admin)

Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Restart the computer.

Monday, May 1, 2017 11:58 AM
  • Hi Gregor Zornik,

"DWD/CD ROM"
    You mean "DVD/CD"? 

Did the CD/DVD work before? What is the exact machine model? Have you got any error code or error message?
    Please refer to the following link to troubleshoot the issue firstly.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Yes Device DVD/RW/CD does not recognize media Cds or DVDs. I have a lot of original DVDs roms, because I'm s fan of computer games. Unfortunately I have got a virus that destroyed my system, after that I have recover my machine (PC computer desk top) and have reinstalled the Windows 10 Pro 1607 with implemented software, not from original DVD, because suddenly DVD cannot been read. Before that(before virus ruined my system) I didn't have any problems with reading medias (DVD roms CDs). Although I can see that device is well installed (in Device manager), does not read any cds or DVDs.

My system motherboard is Asus Z170-K, perhaps the driver for DVD has to be installed for this mother board. Also I have tried many forums for help and tried the suggestion for help but it didn't help.

Thank you for your answer and I will read suggested link and tell you later if it helps.

Best regards!

Gregor

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update? Have you tried to updated the driver from the device manufacturer website?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:50 AM
  • Hi !

After I have tried everithing suggested I have taken my computer to the vendors service and they have changed my DVD/CD Rom witnh new ASUS device. Now I have no problems with this issue. Thank you all for good answers. This problem is now closed. :)

Best regards to all !

Gregor Zornik

Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:25 AM