Reset password in outlook app RRS feed

• Question

• I installed MS Outlook on my device some weeks ago. 2 days ago I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Answers

• I installed MS Outlook on my device some weeks ago. 2 days ago I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...

Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.

• Marked as answer by NiamhLane Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:37 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2018 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Niamh Lane,

In case there are incorrect passwords cached in credential storage, we can try removing all previously saved credentials to check the result. To do this, please refer to the steps below.

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Credential Manager.

2. Under Windows Credential, click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.

3. Repeat step 2 for any additional sets of credentials that have Outlook or your account in the name.

If issue continues, we could create a new profile to check if same issue occurs.

Hope this is helpful to you. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 12:59 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7:07 AM
  • Hi Niamh Lane,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Just want to check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.

• Marked as answer by NiamhLane Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:37 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2018 5:22 PM