continually prompted for RD Gateway Server Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• This is a new install of a single 2008r2 server configured with just remote desktop services and rd gateway.  (no web access)

I'm using a self-signed cert, which is ok, because I will manually install on the 4 pc's that need remote access.  I'm working with the first of these pc's.  When I try connecting to an internal desktop via the rd gateway, I'm continually prompted for RD Gateway Server Credentials.

CAP is configured to allow a group "Remote Access Users", of which the user I am testing is a member

RAP is configured to allow connection to All network resources.

I've tried using domain\username, and after clicking OK, after a few seconds I get the window prompting me for RD Gateway Server Credentials again.

I've looked in the event viewer for clues, but don't see anything relating to failed login attempts.

The rd gateway works when I try to connect to a pc from my windows 7 machine, the symptom above is on a Vista Home Premium machine with the remote desktop client 7 installed.

Suggestions?  Ideas?

Thanks.

• Edited by adelatorre Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When users connect to the farm, they often get multiple login prompts for password. You can check both RD session Host log on settings.

1.       Open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, point to Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration.

2.       In the details pane, under Connections, right-click the connection (for example, RDP-tcp), and then click Properties.

3.       On the Log on Settings tab.

4.       Whether you have checked the “Always prompt password” check box or not. If so, please un-check it.

Do you have any HTTP redirection configured on the IIS on the Gateway machine? If so, please take off the HTTP Redirection configuration to sees if it’s worked.

A similar problem, please refer to this post:

RD Gateway keeps asking for credentials over and over and over again

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/winserverTS/thread/a89e3c03-10f5-4deb-b225-aa703b56c4fb

Regards,

Dollar Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Technology changes life……
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Host session logon does not have "Always prompt for password" checked.

There is no HTTP redirection.

The problem only appears to be with vista.  I backrevved from the 7.0 client to 6.x.  If I do NOT check the remember password box when the rd gateway prompts for credentials, I can get connected.  If I check the box, it will not connect.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:27 PM