none
saving from project 2010 std to sharepoint teamsite library wont work, but the same works fine from excel and word RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to do a save as in Project 2010 std and choosing the teamsite it wont list the libraris, doing the same from word og excel, works fine. See attached images.

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:19 PM

Answers

• Anders,

Can your users access the SharePoint library through File > Save and Send in Project?

I just experimented by adding a SharePoint online (Office 365) folder to my favorites in Windows 7 Explorer.  I do see the location in the Save As dialog in Project 2010 Professional.

Does that help?

Monday, June 4, 2012 11:55 AM

All replies

• Anders_L --

If my memory serves me correctly, your organization must use Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 before you can save your Microsoft Project 2010 files in a document library in SharePoint. You cannot use any previous version of SharePoint for this functionality.  Out of curiosity, does this explain your situation?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Friday, June 1, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Dale, thank you for your reply. In this case the customer uses Office 365. That should work the same way as you see in the word "save as" image?

Anders

Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:43 PM
  • Anders,

Can your users access the SharePoint library through File > Save and Send in Project?

I just experimented by adding a SharePoint online (Office 365) folder to my favorites in Windows 7 Explorer.  I do see the location in the Save As dialog in Project 2010 Professional.

Does that help?

Monday, June 4, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Hi Julie.

Sorry, but that did not resolve the issue. Thank you for your effort.

Anders

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:14 AM
  • We you able to add the Sharepoint library site as a favorite?
    Friday, August 10, 2012 10:01 PM