After pushing updates to server having issue with an automatic install. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running SCCM 2012 and I am able to deploy updates to a server but for some reason want to install 7 days from today. I specifically said in the deployment to push AND install as soon as possible, what am I missing?

• Edited by rock909 Friday, September 21, 2012 4:09 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 3:15 PM

Answers

• Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

Whatever is here is the deadline of the SU deployment.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, June 27, 2015 2:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like yoiu have configured the update to be available as soon as possible but have set a deadline to install in the futere, you can doublecheck these settings in the properties for the deployment of the software update group..

Reagrds,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:14 PM
  • I have tried doing both as soon as possible and one with it about 30 mins in the future. The updates pop saying "you have updates ready to install" but they dont auto install they claim to have a deadline of a week... Can't find where that other setting is. I'm thinking maybe a GPO setting it for a week or something in SCCM I am missing.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 6:52 PM
  • Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

Whatever is here is the deadline of the SU deployment.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, June 27, 2015 2:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:58 PM