Installed CAD Rendering (Keyshot) Software that couldn't work due to Write Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Keyshot 3.0 , a CAD rendering software that is compatilble with the computer's OS; Windows 7 Home Professional. After purchase, i found out that the program couldn't work properly due to write permissions of the Keyshot Resources folder (where the License is stored). I then contacted the support of the Keyshot inventor, Luxion for help, after more than 2 - 3 weeks, the problem still hasn't been solved.

Everything i tried to solve leads me back to the write permissions setting.

I researched on the internet on the read only box, where indicated a blue box means it has to be ignored, i had personally tried to uncheck the box but failed as the setting will always be as per normal. Upon trying to remove all restictions to the file, i had have full access of the software to all users of the computer, where i am the admistrator - via the "properties > security", and also enabled sharing under - "properties > sharing". Futhermore i had disable password protection on the network via network and sharing centre. I had also reinstalled the program several times and also received alot of different licenses. However, everything still fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PS: i'm not a IT geek

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• Have you read your Keyshot 3 User's manual?

You might try it.  There is relative information on page 12 with a reference back to pag 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:37 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

According the error, please try to copy the keyshot3.lic into this folder. Then let me know result. Also make sure C:/Users/Justin Chong is the user profile for the current user.

If the issue, you could contact the software provider to check the issue.

Hope that helps

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:53 AM
  • Hi William,

Thanks for your reply.I'm logged in as the Administrator and all my documents and folders are located in 'C:/Users/Justin Chong'.

I've insert the LIC (license) folder into the Keyshot and everything still fails.

Here's the properties page of the Keyshot Resources Folder -

There's this read only button that does not listen to me when i cancel it as well.

Thus, i half suspect it could be due to this read- only or write protection function in the Windows OS in Programs

Any ideas? I've contacted the software provider many times but still failed to get it working :(

Thanks and regards,

Justin :)

Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:27 PM
  • This is really an issue that only Keyshot can resolve.  Keyshot is not even listed in the Windows 7 Compatibility Center, which means it is not certified by Microsoft as being compatible with Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Default.aspx?type=Software 

http://keyshot.com/contact/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Edited by Rick Dee Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:16 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Have you read your Keyshot 3 User's manual?

You might try it.  There is relative information on page 12 with a reference back to pag 8.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:37 PM