none
Project Server 2010 Task Synchronization Configuration Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am configuring Task Synchronization, during executing of Command Add-ADPermission -Identity"<ProjUser>"-User<FarmAdministrator>-extendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

on Exchange 2007 SP2, below is the command and error message

Add-ADPermission -identity "rrmaniya@nddb.coop" -User Farmadmin -extendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

Error

Add-ADPermission : rrmaniya@nddb.coop was not found. Please make sure you have typed it correctly.
    At line:1 char:17

We have enabled Task Synchronize for user rrmaniya in Project Server 2010.

I am refereing technet article for this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee782548.aspx

Best Regards, Ranjit Singh
    Monday, January 10, 2011 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Ranjit

Add-ADPermission -Identity"<ProjUser>"-User<FarmAdministrator>-extendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

Use the Project user name found in the profile, not the NT user name.  The project user name may look like "Rxxxx Maniya" and also include the domain name for FarmAdmin.  IE  domain\FarmAdmin

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, January 10, 2011 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Ranjit

Add-ADPermission -Identity"<ProjUser>"-User<FarmAdministrator>-extendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

Use the Project user name found in the profile, not the NT user name.  The project user name may look like "Rxxxx Maniya" and also include the domain name for FarmAdmin.  IE  domain\FarmAdmin

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, January 10, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks, with your suggested way, command has executed. Help me with one more step, if i want to execute same command for group of users, what would be the exact command syntax?

Best Regards, Ranjit Singh
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:42 AM