No audio output device installed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with my computer . Or rather, the lack of sound on it.

I recently moved, and when I packed my computer (Medion 8810 with Windows Vista 32-bit) down it was working just fine. Then when I turned it on, something was wrong with the audio. Apparently I have no audio output device installed, even though my sound card (Creatix SAA7131, Triple Capture Device) was working flawlessly before. From what I can see in device manager there's nothing wrong with it. When I go into sound properties it recognizes the recording part of the card, but the playback part is all greyed out.

I've tried updating to the latest drivers (Realtek). Nothing.

I've tried to recover the computer with the recovery disc I got when I bought it. Nothing.

I've tried to reinstall Windows (clean install). Nothing.

I've searched this board and none of the suggestions here have had any effect. 

I am now running out of ideas. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Monday, September 24, 2007 12:27 PM

All replies

• I am suffering from almost exactly the same problem - only difference is I have a Creatix SAA7134, Hybrid Capture Device. Any help gratefully received.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:56 PM
  • aabchamp
                     mate i have the same problem with the same machine over the weekend. i have tried everything like you to no avail.

did you solve your drama?

regards clutter
    Monday, March 24, 2008 3:42 AM
  • I have the same problem with the same machine. Did you solve your drama?

Any help ?

regards clutter
    Monday, March 24, 2008 3:47 AM
  • Clutter,

Try finding 'Vista_R184' driver for the audio card. Worked a treat for me. I can't remember exactly I downloaded it from but if you use Google or Yahoo and type in 'Vista_R184' you should find the zip file. Good luck.

Regards

Vivid

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:29 AM