Why is this happening with my text on word RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to everyone,

I would like to know why this happening with my text, and how can I format it in a way that it isn´t shown all this white space.

Here is the picture where you can see what I am talking about.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/r23ps2.png[/IMG]

Best regards

Friday, February 1, 2019 6:53 PM

All replies

• You need to adjust the paragraph line spacing and/or the paragraph before/after spacing. This is very basic Word usage. The tools to do that can found via Home|Paragraph or Page Layout|Paragraph on the Ribbon.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Saturday, February 2, 2019 8:47 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 9:30 PM
  • Take the time to review this series of short tutorials if you will be using Word. It will save you a tremendous amount of time and frustration.

Basic Concepts of Microsoft Word - from Shauna Kelly

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Saturday, February 2, 2019 8:48 PM
  • In that tutorial there are only really basic things. In the tutorial that you have sent to me, I dont see any mentining to the paragraph spacing...

I will post a picture of the paragraph toolbox that I opened in the microsoft word.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/29mu74m.png[/IMG]

The microsoft word that I am using is in Portuguese, so I will give the troduction of each option:

Alinhamento - Alignment

Linha de contorno - Contour level

Avanço - Advancement

Esquerda - Left

Direita - Rigth

Espaçamento - Spacing

Antes - Before

Depois - Ater

I do not know if it is in this toolbar that I can edit the paragraph in order to the blank space get shorter.

Also, I need to have some specific calibrations in terms of the margins to use. The margins that they are asking me to apply are the following:

Spacing between lines: 1,5 spaces;

Superior margin: 3,5 cm;

Inferior margin: 2,0 cm;

Left margin: 3,0 cm

Right margin: 1,5 cm

How can I put the margins with this spacings?

Sunday, February 3, 2019 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

Please Go to Layout- Margins, you should adjust the Margins in Word:

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, February 4, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:40 AM