locked
BSOD with the drivers of Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro RRS feed

  • Question

  • can someone  help me understand what is going on with this  problem?

    here is a part of the dump file, hope it helps a bit.

    Debug session time: Sat Mar 24 12:18:54.894 2018 (UTC + 2:00)
    System Uptime: 0 days 14:35:57.886
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    .

    Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
    Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

    ..............................................................
    ................................................................
    ................................................................
    ..
    Loading User Symbols
    Loading unloaded module list
    ............
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************

    Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

    BugCheck D1, {ffffcb863c570012, 2, 0, fffff802ccc581d1}

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ksaud.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ksaud.sys
    Probably caused by : ksaud.sys ( ksaud+c81d1 )

    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------

    1: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
    interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses.
    If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: ffffcb863c570012, memory referenced
    Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    Arg4: fffff802ccc581d1, address which referenced memory

    Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:31 AM

All replies

  • Hi Anagali.

    The 0x000000D1 (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) bug check indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    If you've recently updated this driver, try reverting back to the previous version and contact the driver's manufacturer (or the computer's manufacturer if you have a branded PC) to report the problem and ask for support; if a newer version of the driver is available, try installing it and check if the problem is solved.

    Bye.


    Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

    Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:54 AM
  • I have tried to roll back to a previous version of drivers from Creative but  it didn't work. I found a solution to my problem just now, I went to Device Manager, Disabled the device, Uninstalled the device + software, unplugged the device, restart, plug it in again, and I downloaded the drivers again FROM THE DEVICE MANAGER and not from the Creative site. Now it works like a charm. I guess they have sent Microsoft newer drivers because they have been published at Feb. 2017 and on their site  the newer drivers are from Aug. 2016. That's weird.
    Anyway thanks for your help!!
    • Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, March 26, 2018 7:32 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:19 PM
  • I have tried to roll back to a previous version of drivers from Creative but  it didn't work. I found a solution to my problem just now, I went to Device Manager, Disabled the device, Uninstalled the device + software, unplugged the device, restart, plug it in again, and I downloaded the drivers again FROM THE DEVICE MANAGER and not from the Creative site. Now it works like a charm. I guess they have sent Microsoft newer drivers because they have been published at Feb. 2017 and on their site  the newer drivers are from Aug. 2016. That's weird.
    Anyway thanks for your help!!

    Thank you for the feedback.
    Anyway, I always prefer to use the device drivers provided by the device manufacturer rather than the one automatically installed by Windows, unless there are no drivers from the manufacturer or those drivers lead to problems.

    Bye.


    Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

    Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:37 PM