RDS Web access and RD connection broker trouble RRS feed

• Question

• I have two RDS remote app\ web access servers (2008 R2) configured in a farm.  I have RD connection broker installed on my 2008 R2 domain controller.  Both servers have successfully joined the connection broker and I have given all three server membership to the TS Web access group.   To configure Web Access I need to enter the source to use.  If I select the connection broker and enter the FQDN of the connection broker server i get

"RD Web Access was not able to access the RD Connection Broker server specified. Ensure that the computer account of the RD Web Access server is a member of the TS Web Access Computers security group on the RD Connection Broker server"

If I choose one or more remote app sources and enter the FQDN of the farm I get a similar error.   It will only accept entering the individual names of the remote app servers.  I'm confused on the difference between adding the connection broker or the farm name.  How will the results be different, and what am I missing that is causing this to fail?   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have set this up in 2008 before the R2 release and had no issues but there are some differences here that i'm obviosuly not understanding.

Thank you,

Tyler

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:19 PM

Answers

• I just remove the connection broker role rebooted and reinstalled and now both my issues appear to be fixed.   Hmmm  just one of those things
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hello Tyler,

You need to make sure the WebAccess server is member of the group WebAcces Server on the sessionbroker. Then also make sure the sessionbroker server is member of the WebAccess Servers group on the RDS Host servers.

As I understand the WebAccess server will check on the SessionBroker for Apps, so access should be set correctly

The SessionBroker server checks the RDS Host server, so access should be setup here.

Please verify settings according these guides:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd640164(WS.10).aspx

Regards Robert

Friday, April 23, 2010 3:31 PM
  • That is how it is setup however now I think I see there is an issue with the RDS host servers joining the session broker.  Initially the event viewer logged that they were successfully joined but after double checking this I am getting errors.

Inital message : Remote Desktop Services successfully joined a farm on the Connection Broker server connectionbroker.domain.com.

about 3 minutes later I get : Remote Desktop Connection Broker Client failed to initialize while joining the Connection Broker on server connectionbroker.domain.com.

HRESULT = 0x800706fd

I can ping the connection broker.  DNS is working fine.  Firewalls are off on both sides of the transaction.  I'm not sure what is going on here?

Friday, April 23, 2010 3:48 PM
  • I just remove the connection broker role rebooted and reinstalled and now both my issues appear to be fixed.   Hmmm  just one of those things
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:19 PM
  • Good to hear it is solved :-)

good luck

Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:27 AM
  • Very good, it works.

After upgrading Windows 2008 R2 to SP1 on the Session Broker server and all RDS Host servers in a farm, the RDWeb Access failed.

Now it works whith your idea.

Thanks

Friday, March 18, 2011 3:28 PM