none
ADMT - Target domain 2008 R2

Question

• Hello, 

have anyone did ADMT domain merger like following? I wonder if its workable:

2012 R2 source -> 2008 R2 target

sounds silly, but just wonder if anyone have done it before?

Thanks!

/Halezan

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hello, 

Have not done it for that direction, but I believe there should be no problem because in the link below it does not states the opposite:

• The server where you install ADMT can run any supported version of Windows Server, including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
    • The source and target domain controllers must be writeable, but they can run any supported version of Windows Server with a user interface (not Server Core), including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
    • The source and target domains must be at Windows Server 2003 domain functional level or higher.

Full link here:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

Have not done it for that direction, but I believe there should be no problem because in the link below it does not states the opposite:

• The server where you install ADMT can run any supported version of Windows Server, including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
    • The source and target domain controllers must be writeable, but they can run any supported version of Windows Server with a user interface (not Server Core), including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
    • The source and target domains must be at Windows Server 2003 domain functional level or higher.

Full link here:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Thanks for the answer. I need to give a try then.

/Halezan

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:19 PM