none
Can't edit some risks in the risk list RRS feed

• Question

• My organisation is using Project Server 2010 and one of our Users who has Project Manager group permissions is having  an unusual issue trying to edit/update risks from the project site that he has permissions for.

Firstly, it should be noted that no out-of-the-ordinary security has been applied. When the user tries to edit some risks, he gets an error stating "Error: Access Denied".  Yet in the same Risks list, he can edit some other risks with no issues.  There is no item-specific security applied to any items in this list.

Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Thanks

Peter

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:12 AM

All replies

• My guess is the following settings might have been changed.

Navigate to List Settings >> Advanced Settings, and see if these have been set differently.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, March 31, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Hi Prasanna

Yeah, I checked that and it is set up as per your screen shot.  That would have been to easy :(

Don't suppose you have any other ideas?

Cheers

Peter

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:58 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Are those items linked to Project tasks? Does he have the same problem with newly created risks?

Try Also to re-publish the project plan in order to re-sync permissions between project plan and project site.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:14 PM
  • Hi Guillaume

Unfortunately none of the Issues that are causing the user problems are linked to tasks in the schedule.  They are linked to other issues and/or risks but so are the ones he can update with no problems.

The schedule has been re-published a few times since and this has not resolved the matter.

Thanks anyway.

Peter

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:40 AM
  • Peter,

For the items that are having the error, could you please check the item permissions >> Check permissions and see if the permissions are different from what the PM has on the items that have no error?

I know you mentioned that the secueiry has not been changed, just trying to confirm that.

If they look the same, then it is time to break out the ULS logs and see what is going on.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:38 PM
  • Hi again Prasanna

I did check that and the user's permissions were the same, and as expected.

I did the Project Sites area of Server Settings and synchronised the project site and guess what?  The user has reported that he can now edit all issues in the Issues list!!

I have no idea what caused the issue he was having but when I re-synched the site, it must have cleared out any cobwebs.

Thanks for your input to this.

Cheers

Peter

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:52 PM