Need permission to perfom this acction RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have Windows 2008 Standard edition server, I had installed Trend Micro antivirus on the server version 9.0, But unable to installed Security Agent. Trend Micro support team told me to delete some drivers like mCCSF in windows/system32/drivers directory. But I got an error you need permission to perform this action. I had log in as Admin and unable to delete this drives. Trend Micro support team asked me to take the help of Microsoft. Kindly do the needful in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

R.N.Sawant

• Changed type AnnaWY Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:18 AM no more information provided
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi R.N.Sawant,

Please view the security permission of the file by: Right click the file->properties->security and check the permission of the Administrator.

To add the delete permission, please follow the steps below:

1. Change the ownership of the file: security->Advanced->Ower:Change->enter administrator account->Apply

You can try to delete, if there still has error of access denied, please add the delete permission to Administrator account

2. Add delete permission: Permission->select "Administrator" account->Edit->select "Show advanced permissions"->select "delete"->OK

Best Regards,

Anna

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Hi Sawant,

In addition to Anna's input,

You can try to delete the files using the steps given below,

- Open the command prompt using elevated privileges (Run as Administrator)

- In the command prompt type explorer, which in turn pops up the windows explorer

- In the opened windows explorer, navigate to the file location and try to delete the files.

Regards,
    Gopi
    www.jijitechnologies.com

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:40 PM
  • No use, nothing happened
    Friday, May 16, 2014 6:18 AM
  • Hi Sawant,

Would you have the permission to view the properties of this folder, Please post more detailed information about the security informaion of this folder, you can refer to the steps listed in my last posting to do this.

You can also post screenshot of the error and the permission information in your convenience to help us to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

Anna

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:33 AM