Configuring MOSS 2007 View Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a basic "My Items" view in a MOSS 2007 document library.  I want the view to show the following:

• All documents where [Status] is not "Completed" and [Archive?] is not "Yes" and [Created By] is equal to [Me]
    • OR
    • All documents where [Status] is not "Completed" and [Archive?] is not "Yes" and [To be approved by] is equal to [Me]
    • OR
    • All documents where [Status] is not "Completed" and [Archive?] is not "Yes" and [To be posted by] is equal to [Me]

That's how I have the view filter set up, but it is only working for users who have created the document.  It is not working for users who are set as [To be approved by] or [To be posted by].  If I limit the filter to just one of those two, then it works again so my guess is that I am not ordering the logic correctly.  Is the order I have the logic above incorrect for this to work?  What would the correct order be?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:35 PM

Answers

• @dip_biswas - Thanks for the response, but that doesn't work.  In your example, users would see everything created by them regardless of the status.

Very strange though.  I created a new view using exactly the same filter logic as I have in the current view and only the new view works.  Not sure what happened, but now that I am using the newly created view, everything works.  Perhaps the existing view became corrupted somehow.  Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:19 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:34 PM

All replies

• The view is probably getting confused with the series of ANDs followed by OR then series of ANDs again. Try putting the OR statements first followed by the rest. Kind of this:

• All documents where [Created By] is equal to [Me] OR [To be approved by] is equal to [Me] OR [Me]
    • AND [Status] is not "Completed" and [Archive?] is not "Yes"

or something similar.

Thanks,
    Dip

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:14 AM
  • @dip_biswas - Thanks for the response, but that doesn't work.  In your example, users would see everything created by them regardless of the status.

Very strange though.  I created a new view using exactly the same filter logic as I have in the current view and only the new view works.  Not sure what happened, but now that I am using the newly created view, everything works.  Perhaps the existing view became corrupted somehow.  Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:19 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:34 PM