Outlook 2003 has 5 "Personal Folders" in list on Win-7 RRS feed

• Question

• Win-7 64bit, Outlook 2003: I have 5 instances of "Personal Folders" in my list of folders. All have the exact same content and show new content added or deleted the same. There is no way to "close" or delete them (right click>properties, it is grayed out) After installing OL 2003 on my new Win-7 Home (not an upgrade, new PC) it was fine, the next time I opened Outlook, there were 2 folders. Now I'm up to 5. It keeps going up, I can delete new instances but only those more than 5. I have uninstalled-reinstalled, tried new profile, everything. It's annoying because if I go to "Calendars" tab, there are 5 calendars to choose from in the list on the left
    Monday, September 13, 2010 5:43 PM

Answers

• I finally figured it out. I deleted the "profile" and started a new profile over. closed Outlook, deleted the .pst file it created renamed the original .pst file. 
    • Marked as answer by railcrew Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:49 AM

All replies

• Would this work on Win-7? (Similar situation but on WinXP i assume)

pauljpjo01 July 29, 2005 at 16:55:35 Pacific

The problem is with your outlook profile - not the pst. to fix, close outlook, run regedit and delete the following reg folder, HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-35785*****-**********-**********-****\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging subsystem\Profile.(stars will be numbers - diifferent on each machine)

Restart outlook, enter the new profile name, close outlook, replace the pst, start outlook, problem solved(hopefully!)

• Marked as answer by railcrew Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by railcrew Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:49 AM
    Monday, September 13, 2010 8:41 PM
  • I finally figured it out. I deleted the "profile" and started a new profile over. closed Outlook, deleted the .pst file it created renamed the original .pst file. 
    • Marked as answer by railcrew Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:49 AM