programming mouse in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have a drafting program called Revit 2009 (Autodesk) and would like to program my Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 to specific cammands that I had in my previous drawing programs which controlled the mouse within the drafting program. I am told by Autodesk that Revit cannot control the mouse functions internally and I must do so in my Vista64 O/S.  I would like to be able to hit the shift key and a mouse thumb key to bring up a menu to enable me to zoom : window; previous; extents; endpoint; midpoint; intersection like I did before.  Before I hit shift/right click to get my menu and pick an option like 'zoom window' then to a program based command hot key like 'c for copy' then shift/right click to menu my next command to place the copied item to a shift/endpoint where I want to place it. This may seem confusing but I have used it for 20 some odd years and kind of miss it. Is it possible to make user specific command option with the mouse in Vista.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 1:57 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As I know, some
    specific command settings for the mouse's function key are included in the device driver. For your current situation, I suggest your upgrade your mouse driver to the latest version compatible with Windows Vista OS and change the settings in Control Panel -> Mouse properties. Since the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation troubleshooting only, if the above suggestion do not work on your issue, please submit the a new thread to Windows Vista Hardware. Thanks for your understanding!

Andy 

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:29 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:14 AM
  • You should be able to do so in the Intellimouse software, if you've installed it.  If you haven't, you can get it from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK
    Once you install it, you'll find that macro functions are possible for any key - program it to your heart's content.

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As I know, some
    specific command settings for the mouse's function key are included in the device driver. For your current situation, I suggest your upgrade your mouse driver to the latest version compatible with Windows Vista OS and change the settings in Control Panel -> Mouse properties. Since the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation troubleshooting only, if the above suggestion do not work on your issue, please submit the a new thread to Windows Vista Hardware. Thanks for your understanding!

Andy 

Monday, March 30, 2009 7:14 AM
  • You should be able to do so in the Intellimouse software, if you've installed it.  If you haven't, you can get it from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK
    Once you install it, you'll find that macro functions are possible for any key - program it to your heart's content.

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:21 AM
  • Does this download only work if you've installed Windows7 which I haven't yet.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:42 PM
  • The page that I linked to is for Win95 thru Vista.

Just select your product type, model, OS version, and language in the pulldown menus.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:39 PM
  • Thanks but the choices in the pulldown menus are not what I'm looking for.  Can I add my own commands in the pulldown menus or is that not possible.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:37 AM
  • You've installed the MS Mouse software now, yes?

The "Macro..." selection (available for each button on the mouse) will allow you to create a custom command (or set of commands.)

HTH
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:29 PM