none
AppV 5.0 hiding/disabling system tray icon.

Question

• Greeting everyone,

IN AppV 4.x we were able to hide/disable appv icon in system array by going to "interface" and choosing "Do not show appv client."  How would one do the same thing in appv 5?  Is there a reg setting to hide it?  powershell command?  If so, which one?  Thanks in advance!

Friday, March 15, 2013 9:15 PM

Answers

• Hi guys i oppened the appv_client_MSI_x86.msi (appv 5.0) with orca and deleted the AppVStreamingUX.exe and then install and no tray icon :) and no notifications.

hope this helps

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:56 PM
  • It looks like Aaron is wrong about the exe to rename/delete.

The client will not launch with AppVClientUX.exe deleted, but renaming/deleting AppVStreamingUX.exe makes the tray icon disappear

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

• There is currently no setting to disable the icon. You can rename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization\Client\AppVClientUX.exe"; however do so at your own risk.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by ZuvonZ Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:05 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 11:04 PM
  • Thanks Aaron.  Are you aware of any plans to bring that option back?  I don't understand why it was taken away without placing a var in powershell to be able to hide it.  It is kind of a show stopper for us

Thanks again

Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:04 AM
  • Hi guys i oppened the appv_client_MSI_x86.msi (appv 5.0) with orca and deleted the AppVStreamingUX.exe and then install and no tray icon :) and no notifications.

hope this helps

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:56 PM
  • It looks like Aaron is wrong about the exe to rename/delete.

The client will not launch with AppVClientUX.exe deleted, but renaming/deleting AppVStreamingUX.exe makes the tray icon disappear

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:59 PM