AppV error - looking for Credential Tiles RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to sequence a URL to an application server that prompts for user authentication using Appv 4.6 however when I try to launch the shortcut within the package, IE just hangs with a windows security message 'looking for credential tiles'. has anyone seen this please?
    Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:20 AM

All replies

• What version of Windows?
    • What version of IE?
    • What version of App-V 4.6?
    • What's in the package?
    • Does this occur only this web site?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting (e.g. ProcMon, IE Developer Tools)?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:04 AM
  • I have tried sequencing on both Win XP and Win 7. i'm using AppV 4.6 SP1 and this error only occurs on this url other url's I test with work fine.

this url is merely a connection to an application server backend via http and hence prompts for authentication

the url launches as expected and prompts for a login when I launch IE locally on the same machine so did not perform any troubleshooting. however, once I launch IE in the sequencer, IE hangs and produces that message.

my thoughts is the AppV sequencer does not readily recognise the request for windows security authentication???

Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:00 PM
    • What else is in the package?
    • What exclusions have you set for the package?
    • Try not launching IE during sequencing

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:45 AM
  • its just a URL that prompts for authentication. Nothing else.

I have not set any exclusions and even if i do not launch IE during sequenceing, when i test launch the package using sfttray, the same thing happens .......

Monday, June 17, 2013 9:55 AM
  • If it's just a URL, why are you using App-V to deploy that URL shortcut? Hammer to crack a nut...

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:08 AM
  • it is a URL with a dependency which has been sequenced separately ....
    Monday, June 17, 2013 10:30 AM
  • running the URL without the dependecy will give errors. i have not included the URL in the dependenct package because its not the best solution for what i need it for as there are multiple such URL's and they can change quite frequently. the URL should at least open up and promt user for authentication even without being linked to its dependency.
    Monday, June 17, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Hello,

I am really confused by your description of the issue, perhaps you can clarify the scenario a bit more?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:30 AM
  • i'm trying to sequence a URL ... the reason for going down this route is that this URL has installable dependencies which also need to be sequenced.

while creating the shortcut to the URL and when performing a test launch, IE just hangs with a windows security message saying connecting to "<servername> looking for credential tiles..."

also if i complete the sequence and then test launch the package using sfttray.exe, i also get the same result.

i am unable to post images of links unfortunately on this forum but if you google 'looking for credential tiles' you will see what the message i get looks like....

thanks

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:45 AM
  • could it be that interaction is required from the local machine to the bubble?
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hello,

Well, so you have  package that contains something - which you do not share anything about - and execute Internet Explorer, in a version we do not know which - accessing a URL - which we do not know anything about, even what Zone its mapped into... - and receive an error - which you ask me to google about?

I am sorry, but the possibility for me to provide anything useful is rather limited in the above context.

This is the 2nd hit when googling for 'looking for credential tiles';

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/ie8-looking-for-credential-tiles-which-it-never/89fa578e-6c1a-4463-bce0-111eb09f8ff1

Seems to be most likely, but wether its applicable or not is something I have no idea about. I would assume that you have verified that this within the Virtual Environment and ruled it out as a possibility, but not shared it on the forum.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:02 AM
  • the package install codecs for playing back recorded calls. access to the server where these calls are stored is via a URL which i am trying to package. Users have login ID's through the URL and this is where the error occurs. AppV cannot bring up the windows login window.

i am using Windows 7, IE8 and AppV sequencer 4.6 SP1.

i know its nothing to do with trusted sites as this same URL works as expected when launched outside the AppV environment.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

I am sorry, I can't help you then due to the vague description.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:45 AM
  • did you follow the advice in the link above to make sure that the web page is classified as a Trusted Site'?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:04 PM