Windows 10 Feature Updates - GPO for Deferral RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the Windows Update GPOs for Windows 10 Feature Updates. This is part of a POC for testing WUfB functionality. For this POC I am not using WSUS, so all updates are coming direct from MSFT. The policy I'm curious about is: Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received

This policy setting has a single drop down for selecting the readiness level. If I have 1607 deployed and plan to skip 1703, how do I defer 1703 and 1709 until I have fully tested 1709? Are the settings I have selected correct?

Thanks!

Monday, November 6, 2017 5:54 PM

Answers

• Not completely correct.

The Defer Updates settings are included with the latest ADMX templates. Download them and add them to your central store and you should see them.

ADMX files and the Central Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3087759/how-to-create-and-manage-the-central-store-for-group-policy-administra

Besides, in Windows 10, version 1607:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Windows Updates > Select when Feature Updates are received - enable policy and set branch readiness level to CBB

Then, you could defer for up to 180 days. if you want to permanently defer you need to setup WSUS.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:55 AM

All replies