none
Can not access my bitlocker encrypted drive

Question

• Hi

I forgot my password for BitLocker encrypted drive and I do not have recovery key. As far as I remember Recovery Key is supposed to be on encrypted drive itself. Is it possible to somehow access the drive?

Thank you

Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know, we cannot save the recovery key on the encrypted drive.

Places to look for your BitLocker key:

• On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
    • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
    • If you are in domain and your admin has configured to save Recovery key onto AD via GPO, you can find your recovery key under your user profile on AD.

Otherwise, without recovery key, we cannot recovery any data on your PC.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Is there any update on your issue?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any question on this case? For further assistance, please post back here once you are available.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:16 AM
  • We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Friday, January 12, 2018 2:07 AM