Unable to add roles and features Windows 2008 Server R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I'm unable to add roles and features on a Windows 2008 Server R2 I have here. I've run the update readiness tool and got this result:

=================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667
    Package Version 8.0
    2010-06-15 15:58

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
    (f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB981332_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum  Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.mum does not match the actual file name

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 371
     Found 1 errors
      CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1

Unavailable repair files:
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB981332_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB981332_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

I've tried to manually run this update but it throws up and error that this update isn't for my system. I can't see this update in the list of installed updates either.

Is there a way I can get hold of these files to copy into the packages directory? I can't find any of these files on any other of my servers to copy over.

Any help would be appreciated

Jason

• Moved by Karen Ji Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:32 AM (From:Windows Server 2008 R2 Management)
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

I have extracted those unavailable repair files from the update package KB981332 and uploaded them to the workspace. You can download those files from the following link.  (Please choose "Receive Files from Microsoft")

Workspace URL:               https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=4880483c-a0fd-49fd-80ec-68534794200f

Password:                           IwIzBHNLglCM

Please copy those files and replace them under %Windir%\servicing\Packages.

For more information about how to fix such servicing corruption problems, please refer to the article below.

Advanced guidelines for diagnosing and fixing servicing corruption

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779%28WS.10%29.aspx

Regards,

Karen Ji

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

On July 1st  we will be making this forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the Management and Windows Power Shell  Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the Management or Windows Power Shell  Forum as appropriate. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the Management or Windows Power Shell  Forum as appropriate.

Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Karen Ji Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:34 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I have extracted those unavailable repair files from the update package KB981332 and uploaded them to the workspace. You can download those files from the following link.  (Please choose "Receive Files from Microsoft")

Workspace URL:               https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=4880483c-a0fd-49fd-80ec-68534794200f

Password:                           IwIzBHNLglCM

Please copy those files and replace them under %Windir%\servicing\Packages.

For more information about how to fix such servicing corruption problems, please refer to the article below.

Advanced guidelines for diagnosing and fixing servicing corruption

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779%28WS.10%29.aspx

Regards,

Karen Ji

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

On July 1st  we will be making this forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the Management and Windows Power Shell  Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the Management or Windows Power Shell  Forum as appropriate. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the Management or Windows Power Shell  Forum as appropriate.

Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Karen Ji Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:34 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 10:01 AM
  • Hi there sorry I have been away and not able to check back on this until today. I've used the password to log on to the link and selected receive files but it says that there are no files available for download. Please can you point me in the direction of those files again? 
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I've uploaded the files again. Please try to download them in the same workplace.

Regards,

Karen Ji

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 2:42 AM
  • Thanks very much Karen, I was able to download the files without any problem. This resolved my issue perfectly.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 9:09 AM
  • I am having the same issue and need the files. The password doe snot work any more. I am getting the following error when go to the link you provided and used the password you stated. Please provide some guidance.No workspace was found corresponding to the supplied password. The password or web page address (URL) may be incorrect. Please verify the password with a Microsoft Support Professional.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:14 PM