none
Windows Defender Blocked Antivirus From Running RRS feed

• Question

• I try to install Sophos Endpoint onto Windows 10. But blocked by Windows Smart Screen. I disable the Windows Defender services from services.msc, group policy settings, windows defender security centre (apps & browser control) and registry. 

After all the configurations above, I reboot the machine, and reinstall the Sophos Endpoint, but still cannot run the Endpoint on that machine. But there is no more error message from Windows Smart Screen. Is it possible there is still has blocking from Windows Defender Smart Screen? 

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:39 AM

Answers

• Since you have disabled Windows Defender, it cannot prevent you from installing any software, the error message also indicated this point.

Installation failure is related to Sophos Endpoint itself.

I find out a good case talking about your scenario, try the registry method and install Sophos under safe mode. You can also ask for help from Sophos community.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-central/f/sophos-central/88334/error-80041f19-when-installing-sophos-av-on-windows-10-pro

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

One more thing, Windows Defender is built in into Windows 10 but it disables itself as soon as it detects another antivirus engine in place (like Sophos Endpoint Security).

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nadhrah Friday, July 20, 2018 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:09 AM

All replies

• Since you have disabled Windows Defender, it cannot prevent you from installing any software, the error message also indicated this point.

Installation failure is related to Sophos Endpoint itself.

I find out a good case talking about your scenario, try the registry method and install Sophos under safe mode. You can also ask for help from Sophos community.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-central/f/sophos-central/88334/error-80041f19-when-installing-sophos-av-on-windows-10-pro

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

One more thing, Windows Defender is built in into Windows 10 but it disables itself as soon as it detects another antivirus engine in place (like Sophos Endpoint Security).

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nadhrah Friday, July 20, 2018 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:09 AM
  • I have escalated this issue to Sophos Support. Unfortunately, they cannot resolve the issue yet. Currently, this issue have been escalated to Global Team. 

I have clicked the link given, but I did not see the Microsoft Security Client on the affected machine.

• Edited by Nadhrah Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:31 AM