none
Exchange 2013 DAG Node - No Messages in the QUEUE

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a two node DAG and recently I checked that One of them is not  working correctly. No Messages are being processed by this failed node: I checked services, event viewers, servercomponente states, mail queue and everything seems OK. If I run a Get-Queue, I will have an output that shows only the SubmissionQueue:

PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Queue

Identity                   DeliveryType Status MessageCount Velocity RiskLevel OutboundIPPool NextHopDomain
    --------                   ------------ ------ ------------ -------- --------- -------------- -------------
    NODE-01\Submission        Undefined    Ready  0            0        Normal    0              Submission

I also tried to move a mailbox database and activate it on this node, and altough this can be done sucessfully, the other node will be one delivering messages to the mailbox database. I also tried to reboot the server and recreate the mail.queue, but this does not fixed the issue.

Does anyone have any tips about this problem?

LhGS

Monday, May 28, 2018 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone!

I fixed the issue by changing the permission on the Default\ServerName receive connector. When I compared with the other server, I saw that Exchange Servers Authentication and other permissions were missing. By changing them to the default permissions and restarting the Transport services (hub+frontend), the Mailflow was fixed and the queues started to be created on the server.
    Maybe this can help someone in the future!

Bye and thanks!

LhGS

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:51 PM

All replies

• So Far, I tried to:

1 - Move the Databases to the problematic server, but no mailflow was registered and the QUEUE is still 0

2  - Telnet the problematic server and send a mail manually - It works great, but its is delived from the Other node

3- Restart all the services, and also the server

4 - Check Server Component States, and all of them are OK

I was planning to maybe install the latest CU (22), since this will reinstall a lot of components, but I want to to this as a last step. If someone could help me, I really appreciate!

Thanks!

LhGS

Monday, May 28, 2018 10:47 PM
  • Hi LhGS,

According to your description, everything seems to be ok.

Per my knowledge, in general, mails will be stuck in the submission queue only if there is a problem with the mail flow, and when the mail flow works as expected, the number of submission queues is usually 0 unless there is a large amount of mails waiting to be submitted.

To verify if the Node-01 has any problem, you can move all active database copy to this node, and place the node-02 into maintenance mode, then check if mail flow works as expected. If works, that will prove the node-01 has no problem.

Performing maintenance on DAG members

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:05 AM
  • Hi Niko, I already did this test, but nothing changed. This node should be able to receive and aend mail, but if the other nose fails, no mails are delived, even if everything seema to be OK. All the mail queues exist on the node01, regardless of where the database is placed.

LhGS

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hello everyone!

I fixed the issue by changing the permission on the Default\ServerName receive connector. When I compared with the other server, I saw that Exchange Servers Authentication and other permissions were missing. By changing them to the default permissions and restarting the Transport services (hub+frontend), the Mailflow was fixed and the queues started to be created on the server.
    Maybe this can help someone in the future!

Bye and thanks!

LhGS

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:51 PM
  • Hi LhGS,

Glad you solved the issue and thanks for your sharing, please mark the solution as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 4, 2018 9:45 AM