Computer Setting Changes from Domain Policy Always Identified as New RRS feed

• Question

• ForeFront client continues to identify Firewall Port Exceptions set through domain policy as new or as the Publisher as "Not Available" About once a week this pops up on workstations and you have to select the "Permit" action to apply. The thing is these are not changes. That particular policy has not been added to or changed in a very long time but the ForeFront client seems to pick it up every time the machine goes to apply it. Any suggestions as to get past this problem?

Saturday, October 6, 2007 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you ever figure out how to deal with this? Its going to be a huge problem for us as we use firewall port exceptions for our business applications.

Its interesting that Microsoft recommends opening ports for communication to the forefront server using group policy but then forefront blocks the group policy you are trying to apply?

If you don't want users to be able to permit items, such as firewall port exceptions, themselves, how else can this be done? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Olivia

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:59 PM
  •  Has anyone found out a workaround for this issue?   I have serveral users having problems with this and it's driving me nuts, why can't Microsoft figure this stuff out on their own?  They make this for an enterprise environment yet do they even test it in one?  I doubt it, everyone uses group policies that has a Windows Domain........

Please HELP!
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:34 PM
  • I am so glad someone from Microsoft has addressed this. Is there anyone else other than the two individuals above that have replied. No solution has been found and the problem is terribly irritating. I would much rather just stop all informational-level alerts. Any know how to do that?
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:08 PM