none
Cannot connect using Remote Desktop Web Connection RRS feed

• Question

• (It was suggested to me that I place this question here.)

Hello all. Hopefully someone can help. I am going insane. The internet is filled with noise, and apparently every other problem in this domain is different than mine.

I have configured my server to include the tsweb Remote Desktop Web Connection webpage. I have configured my local network to be able to access this webpage from where I need it. The page itself is the default supplied by Microsoft. When clicking the Connect button, the page attempts to load the connection. I have traced the VBScript to where it actually calls MsRdpClient.Connect so that's fine. But then it immediately flips right back to the connection page again. After further code tracing, it is entering the MsRdpClient_OnDisconnected method with an argument of disconnectCode = 2.

According to the MSDN documents on the IMsTscAxEvents::OnDisconnected method (which took me a LONG time to find, btw), a disconnectCode of 2 means "Remote disconnection by user (not an error)". See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382170(VS.85).aspx for the docs. I'm not sure I understand what this means. The fact that it's remote should mean that my server is initiating the disconnect, rather than the client. But it also says that it is a remote disconnection by the USER, and there are no users on my server that are causing this disconnection. I tried this while both physically logged in and logged out on the server terminal, with the same results.

What do I have to configure to stop this auto-disconnection?

Regards and many thanks,

Corey
    Monday, June 22, 2009 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, couple of thoughts & Q's: Can the same client connect to that server to the app normally? Is the licensing Server functioning normally? Does the client has the permission for the MS Licensing Reg Key? Same problem persist when you connect as admin?
    Citrix Technology Professional, PubForum Founder http://www.pubforum.netAhref , Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Monday, June 22, 2009 10:59 AM