none
Delivered guide that ties project requests, projects, and portfolio analyses together? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a terrible time locating what I would think is a default / sample delivered guide that ties project requests, projects, and portfolio analyses together.

I've seen some screenshots where people have a link on the left called "Ideas & Requests" (but I can't find where I can enable that).

I've seen the Project Proposal Workflow that can be activated under site features... but activating it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've seen these links...

...but none provide an example that covers how to tie project requests you enter through the workflow/project request detail pages to show in a list, or how to view the a project detail page of an item on a list of project requests (where you can skip the project request page to add an item to a list), and none bridge the gap to show how portfolio analyses can be employed to conduct resource analysis to determine when a project can kick off given in-progress projects, a selection of project requests, and the capacity information of resources and those projects.

Does the holy grail exist? How can I use Project Online as a PPM tool without reinventing the wheel? Is there honestly no delivered guide that ties project requests, projects, and portfolio analyses together?

Ian

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:49 PM

All replies

• I'm having a terrible time locating what I would think is a default / sample delivered guide that ties project requests, projects, and portfolio analyses together.

I've seen some screenshots where people have a link on the left called "Ideas & Requests" (but I can't find where I can enable that).

I've seen the Project Proposal Workflow that can be activated under site features... but activating it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've seen these links...

...but none provide an example that covers how to tie project requests you enter through the workflow/project request detail pages to show in a list, or how to view the a project detail page of an item on a list of project requests (where you can skip the project request page to add an item to a list), and none bridge the gap to show how portfolio analyses can be employed to conduct resource analysis to determine when a project can kick off given in-progress projects, a selection of project requests, and the capacity information of resources and those projects.

Does the holy grail exist? How can I use Project Online as a PPM tool without reinventing the wheel? Is there honestly no delivered guide that ties project requests, projects, and portfolio analyses together?

Ian

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:50 PM