none
Multiple issues on new comp Win7 home pro, hijackthis log attached

Question

• Hi,

I upgraded to a new computer.  It has Win7 Home Premium Service pack 1. TB hdd, 4 G ram (3.5 usable), 64 bit OS,  Acer Aspire X430G, AMD E450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.65 GHz

I had an issue with Intralinks regarding their download wizard.  It only runs on IE and it wasn't working.  So they had me install Internet Explorer customization wizard 8 and on IE enable active x.  I was supposed to enable active x on the IE wizard as well, but while it let me check off boxes, it wouldn't go forward from there.  At that point I told them that making me run a program for programmers would require 4 years of college that I didn't have to spare at the moment.

Their tech had me uninstall Microsoft.Net Framework 4 client profile and another .Net framework 4 (I can't remember the rest of the name) and install .Net Framework 3.5 so that their program designer_3_12_32030.msi would work.  It didn't work and since I have been unable to play video online, any site I visit freezes for an hour or more (my patience ran out after trying several sites and letting my computer sit for an hour trying to load it) if they have anything running on them like ads or active stuff, email takes anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour to load, I keep being told that I don't have permission to access files, most updates are denied access including AVG, Microsoft, Java and Silverlight.  She had me do other stuff and I can't remember it all but the only programs I touched were .Netframework and Java.  I now only have Java update 13 and can't intall any updates to it.  I have tried repeatedly to install jre-7u15-windows-x64.exe and then jre-7u11-windows-i586.exe and I am told I don't have permission to access the msi file.

I uninstalled .Netframework 3.5 and reinstalled the 4.0 client profile, but the same problems persist.  The tech was off, so another tech took over and she can't find the name of the other .Netframework 4 program that used to be installed in the previous techs voluminous notes.  On that front, I am hoping she will be in today and remembers what she did. 

I ran hijackthis and the log is pasted below.  If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. 

I do have win 7 on a disk from previous computer that I installed it on and am wary of what it will do to try a repair using that.

Since access is an issue, I was considering running this solution from another thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprosecurity/thread/d14731ec-4f0e-4ef8-9aac-028dd7104e0e/#e98dd80e-e1ae-480a-a89e-f740bd85ea4a

Friday, March 25, 2011 2:37 AM

I just had the same issue of not being able to take ownership of a directory with hundreds of subfolders and files. No matter what combination of permissions or ownership I tried, nothing would work. I did fix my issue, and I would like to post the solution. This solution is barely mentioned in this thread (I believe it is included in the post with the registry key to add Take Ownership to context menu). Do the following:

Run an elevated command prompt (Start --> type command in the search box --> Right click command prompt and Run as Administrator (or control+shift+enter)

Navigate to the partition containing the folder in question (C:, D:, E:, etc). If the folder in question is on the C: drive, type CD\ to get to the root (assuming C is your OS drive).

Type the following command:

TAKEOWN /F *directory name or path*

Example: 

C:\Windows\system32>D:

D:\>TAKEOWN /F Music

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "D:\Music" now owned by user "Coltwanger-PC\Coltwanger".

Or if you had a path outside of the root of that drive, you would type TAKEOWN /F Music\Blues\Artists... etc.

Next, use the following command:

ICACLS *Directory name or path* /grant %USERNAME%:F /T

Insert your directory (in this case, Music) and remove the asterisks. You can leave the %USERNAME%, since it is just an environment variable for your current login. Change this if you need to assign permissions to a different user. Note that "F" is for Full Control, and /T is to traverse subfolders and files.

Example:

D:\>ICACLS Music /grant %USERNAME%:F /T
    processed file: music\Zune\Podcasts\Windows Weekly\Folder.jpg
    processed file: music\Zune\Podcasts\Windows Weekly\Windows Weekly 102 Now With U
    nicorn Tears.mp3
    Successfully processed 18809 files; Failed processing 0 files

The screen will scroll through all of the subfolders and files within that directory until it's finished.

Hope this helps someone else; I couldn't get it to work through the Security interface!

If anyone could tell me if this even applies, I'd appreciate it.

hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 4:39:31 AM, on 2/26/2013
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3505 SP1)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16464)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\SmartDefrag.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\Monitor.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\clear.fi\MVP\clear.fiAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\clear.fi\MVP\.\Kernel\DMR\DMREngine.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\The Weather Channel\The Weather Channel App\TWCApp.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\ASCTray.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite\x86\SuiteTray.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\clear.fi\Movie\clear.fiMovieService.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2013\avgui.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HJTInstall.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.babylon.com/?affID=109935&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=055fac2f000000000000485b39194554
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://acer.msn.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://acer.msn.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\IE\rndlbrowserrecordplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\ScriptSn.20130208190248.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SuiteTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite\x86\SuiteTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcadeMovieService] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\clear.fi\Movie\clear.fiMovieService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_UI] "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2013\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\PROGRA~2\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DW7] "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Weather Channel\The Weather Channel App\TWCApp.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced SystemCare 6] "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\ASCTray.exe" /AutoStart
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Software Informer] "C:\Program Files\Software Informer\softinfo.exe" -autorun
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [IsMyWinLockerReboot] msiexec.exe /qn /x{voidguid} (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [IsMyWinLockerReboot] msiexec.exe /qn /x{voidguid} (User 'Default user')
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
    O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2013\avgidsagent.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avgwd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2013\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\CISVC.EXE,-1 (CISVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\CISVC.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: COMODO Programs Manager Service (CPMService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Programs Manager\CPMService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: EgisTec Ticket Service - Egis Technology Inc.  - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EgisTec\Services\EgisTicketService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: GamesAppService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\WildTangent Games\App\GamesAppService.exe
    O23 - Service: GREGService - Acer Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Registration\GREGsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~2\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcsacore.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: McAfee Firewall Core Service (mfefire) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\\mfefire.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service (mfevtp) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe,-200 (NAUpdate) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Online Backup (NOBU) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: RealNetworks Downloader Resolver Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\rndlresolversvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: System Explorer Service (SystemExplorerHelpService) - Mister Group - C:\Program Files (x86)\System Explorer\service\SystemExplorerService64.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 10557 bytes

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you engaged Intralinks support for suggestion? If Intralinks is the only problematic app, it's suggested to engage the Intralinks vendor for further research. Thanks.

Kevin Ni

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:57 AM