none
Populate OOTB Sitemap for SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

After running a full crawl, did you run the sitemap timer job?

And please also check the crawl log to see if the publishing pages have been crawled.

Thanks,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by The Fancy Man Monday, November 23, 2015 4:35 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to enable anonymous access on the site collection and then run a full crawl in Search Service Application as sitemap generation uses search service.

And make sure that the publishing pages are crawled in search service application.

Thanks,

Victoria 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:27 AM
  • So how do I ensure publishing pages are being crawled by SharePoint?

I know I have to enable anonymous access, otherwise I couldn't have gotten the sitemap.  I will attempt a full crawl again from the Search Service Application.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:39 AM
  • I ran the full crawl on the Search Service Application found in Central Admin.  The sitemap still shows a very limited selection of URLs.  I had created a publishing subsite and that is now referenced in the sitemap.  But none of the publishing pages I made on the subsite or root site collection are being added to the sitemap
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Hi,

After running a full crawl, did you run the sitemap timer job?

And please also check the crawl log to see if the publishing pages have been crawled.

Thanks,

Victoria

• Marked as answer by The Fancy Man Monday, November 23, 2015 4:35 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 1:05 AM
  • I had forgotten to run the timer job after my latest full crawl.  And it looks like the publishing pages are finally being appended to the sitemap.  I'm still not sure why it failed three times on the first week I was testing this, but I'm just glad that it's finally working correctly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:39 PM