none
Mapping priority field between Project and TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to map the Project's priority field (not the Work Item Priority field)  to a TFS field of type Integer.

Since this is the only field  project does leveling with and there's no option to use a custom field I need to keep this field updated. and i don't want to do it manualy. i want it to be synced with my tfs priority field.

When i try to map it:

<Mapping WorkItemTrackingFieldReferenceName="BIZ.Order" ProjectField="pjTaskPriority" PublishOnly="false" ProjectName="Priority" />

I get: 

Error detail:
    TF234002: Work item field BIZ.Order is mapped to the wrong field type in Microso
    ft Project. You can map work item fields of type Integer only to Project Percent
    , Number and Text fields. Map the work item field to a Microsoft Project field o
    f type Integer.

Please help

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You cannot send that information from Project Server to TFS using OOB/configuration. Maybe this can be developed outside the add-on?

Details can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412658.aspx

Please note the first restriction for data mapping: You can send only task-level information, pjTask* fields, from Project Server to Team Foundation Server.  

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Why cant i sync that field?

Priority is a task-level information...  pjTaskPriority

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Hi Kav,

I thought you referred to the Project field and not a Task level Field. If it is a Task level field you should be able to send it down to TFS. You would need to update your field mapping with something like (please note I haven't tested this particular mapping on any of my environments):

<field tfsName="BIZ.Order" tfsMirrorName="Mirror.BIZ.Order" displayTfsField="false" displayTfsMirror="false" onConflict="DoNothing">
       <targetToTfs>
          <target provider="ProjectServerPublished" name="pjTaskPriority />
       </targetToTfs>
    </field> 

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:29 PM
  • I have never tried this kind of mapping before.

I understand this is different mapping then using "TFSFieldMapping.exe"

Can you please explain the difference between them?

I tryed running:

TfsAdmin ProjectServer /DownloadFieldMappings /collection:"h t t p://prdtfs:8080/tfs/mycollection" /filepath:C:\tfsServerMapping.xml

(the spacings between h t t p are so i can post this link here)

But i got:

"TF244026: The specified team project collection is not valid"

Are these settings per collection or per project?

When i used to run TFSFieldMapping I did it for my team project like so:

TFSFieldMapping upload /collection:"h t t p://prdtfs:8080/tfs/mycollection" /teamproject:myproject /mappingfile:C:\tfsmapping.xml

Thank you

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:25 AM
  • Hi Kav,

I haven't used the "TFSFieldMapping.exe" yet so I cannot comment on that.

With the TFSAdmin the mappings are for all projects. I assume you are synchronizing the field from MS Project only? Are you using Project Server (as I couldn't find that from your posts)?

The error is telling me that the TFS collection is not mapped against any PWA instances

Paul

Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:01 AM