Can't recover from Sleep Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have an IBM T-60 laptop that I put Vista Business edition on that won't recover from Sleep mode (or hibernation either, for that matter).  I have updated all of the drivers from the IBM/Lenovo website that they have released for Vista, including the power management drivers, latest BIOS, video driver, etc. (a little over 20 drivers).  Has anyone else found this problem with IBM laptops?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:03 PM

All replies

• I've got the same problem.  I'm running Vista Home Premium and I cant get it to come out of sleep mode.

I've tried to adjust the power button functions for the case and all I can choose are ways of shutting it down; i.e. sleep, hibernate, shutoff etc.

I called cyberpower and they said Vista will be buggy.

Friday, March 2, 2007 12:33 AM
  • Vista may be buggy, but we have plenty of IBM T-60's that work just fine, sleep mode and hibernation mode work fine, but a few that just won't come out of sleep or hibernation completely - after "waking up" they just never function, won't reconnect with the network either wireless or hardwired.  We can take the hard drive out of one that won't work and move it to another T-60 that was working just fine and it will then do the same thing, so it is definitely software or drivers.
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 11:14 PM
  • I have VIsta Business 64-bit installed on an Asus A8V m/b with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor and have almost the same issue. The machine will go to sleep, but not come out of sleep mode. I have to completely power down and re-boot. Also, some times, rather than enter sleep mode it instead revs the CPU fan at full speed and starts both DVD burners spinning for added fun. I can't even update the BIOS because Vista won't install Asus Update. It likely wouldn't work anyway, since if ASUS can't create an updater that works with Vista 64 I doubt their BIOS will be any better. Has anyone found an acceptable work-around?? I would love t get leep mode to work so that my processor isn't running hot all the time.

Friday, September 28, 2007 11:13 PM
  • I have Vista Business 32-bit preinstalled on a Toshiba laptop purchased in March 07. Vista is fully updated using auto-update.

I do not have a problem returning from sleep/hibernation but sometimes the machine locks with the CPU fan at full speed when I enter sleep/ hibernation.

The problem started in the summer when I installed the Palm Desktop 6.2 and a USB Bluetooth adapter to sync. I have just found a Bluetooth update from Toshiba in Germany which mentions a problem with sleep/ hibernation. Try uninstalling your Bluetooth stack (or updating this to the latest VISTA release) This seems to have fixed the problem for me for now, though my machine can work for days before freezing on sleep- typically when I have just spent hours working on a document I forgot to save…

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:36 AM
  • I am currently having the same issue!

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Hi thtalks, I was able to fix the problem with SP1 and the following drivers:

Intel 945GM Express Chipset v.7.14.10.1437

Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Connection v9.12.17.0

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection v11.5.0.32

This latter driver in particular seems to be problematic- the one supplied in SP1 will crash my machine if I do not install the updated one before rebooting.

Hope this helps!
    Friday, September 26, 2008 5:40 PM
  • my computer wont shutoff like it says shuting off but its been saying that for 3 days now whats wrong???

Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:59 PM