none
Removing planning window Grouping from Task view RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new Tasks View using the "My Work" View Type. However, I would like to remove the Planning Window grouping in the view definition itself. Is this possible? I dont see the Planning Window as a field in the view definition page. 

I can change the "Group By" options to remove the Planning Window once I am on the page. However, I want the view definition itself to not group on the Planning Window so that all users do not have to do this individually. Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Jake.

• Edited by jacobUT Friday, May 5, 2017 8:35 PM
    Friday, May 5, 2017 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Jake,

sorry to tell: there is no way to remove this grouping for Tasks views. After a user removed it, this setting is kept until an administrator modifies this view in future.

Regards
    Barbara

Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Hello Barbara.

We understand that a user can remove the "Group by:  Planning Window" grouping option themselves, only to have that reappear when they return to that screen later.  But could you please clarify what the administrator can or cannot do with the My Work views?  You mention that the administrator "modifies this view", however, I do not see where or how I (the administrator) can modify a My Work view to not include the default Group By option of Planning Window.  Or am I missing something?

Thanks, your help is always appreciated.

Chris

Chris Addis - MCTS

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

the administrator can modify view "My Work" and add and remove some columns. He can NOT modify default Group By option.

When a users adjusts his own view (hide columns, change order of columns, applied Group By), these changes are kept - until adminstrator modifies the view as described. In this case, all adjustments performed by the user, will be replaced by most current modifications by administrator. So user has to remove grouping again or whatever he wants to be changed - and this will be again stay until the next view modification from Server Settings.

Does that answer your question?
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:59 PM
  • I think I am having the same problem with a client as Chris using Project Server 2010.  We are using task sheets and the grouping is being reapplied every time the page refreshes for all users.  The scenario is below:

A tasksheet view has been created in Server Settings.  It stays completely unchanged by the administrator.  The Team Member clears all groupings and hides a column.  The Team Member refreshes the page and the column remains hidden but the grouping is reapplied.  

The Admin never changed the setting so why is the grouping being reapplied?  If the behavior is that it should stay until the view is changed from Server Settings, could this be a browser issue?  If so, why would the column remain hidden while the grouping is reapplied?  This is a big usability problem for me so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• Edited by MikeMM006 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:33 PM