Will not let me click on links in Microsoft Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error message when I click on a link in my Microsoft Outlook 2010 mail.

Microsoft Outlook
    This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
    6xk3

• Moved by Chenchen Li Monday, October 30, 2017 8:26 AM Outlook IT
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi kacy45,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and your problem is more related to Outlook product feature, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

Strictly speaking, this is not an "Outlook issue". This issue is usually related to the web browser you are using.

Which web browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer as the default, you can refer to the following Microsoft KB article and try to resolve your issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310049/hyperlinks-are-not-working-in-outlook

If you are using other browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, you can also refer to this article for solutions:

https://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:18 AM