Bootmgr failed to find a bitlocker key file for volume c: RRS feed

• Question

• I have MacBook Air and I have installed installed windows 10 Pro ,I'm having a challenge when I try to turn on Bit-locker it coming with this error in event viewer after rebooting the MacBook  :Bootmgr failed to find a bitlocker key file for volume c: 

This error is being  displayed after logging in the bitlocker encryption key cannot be obtained, Verify that the Trusted Platform Module is enabled and owenership has been taken

I have tried all the option in the GPO setting for Bit-locker but no joy 

please assign

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:13 PM

Answers

• I manage to get BitLocker working by creating a installation disk with Boot Camp and install windows 10 from the Boot Camp boot disk 

Friday, January 5, 2018 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

let's search solution from this case.
    Try to disable TPM or deactivate the TPM in BIOS.
    Bitlocker could not be enabled (with/without TPM)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d73ce252-fde7-419c-8d74-973ee17cd2e3/bitlocker-could-not-be-enabled-withwithout-tpm?forum=w8itprosecurity
    Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hi 

It's Macbook Air and I have tried to enable Bitlocker without TPM but I'm getting the same error 

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Sorry, I don't consider Macbook device's impact.

To my knowledge, the bootcamp volume is not comaptible with Microsoft Bitlocker. You'd better to confirm this with Apple support.

Look at this picture from Apple official website.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:37 AM

• Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:53 AM
  • I manage to get BitLocker working by creating a installation disk with Boot Camp and install windows 10 from the Boot Camp boot disk 

Friday, January 5, 2018 1:28 PM