none
Only few random resources available in Build Team from PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I'm the admin of PWA.

There are few users who can only see few random resources when they try to add resources in their plan through PWA.
    They open their plan > Then 'Build Team' > "All Active Named Resources by RM" view.

Note: they have only have following view options in Build team from PWA.

• All Active Named Resoyrces by RM
    • Generic Resources
    • IBA Resources
    • My Resources for Project Team

However, when same people try to create team from MS Project, they find all resources in the resource pool.

What can be done to view all resources for a plan from 'Build Team' in PWA?

• Edited by Trekker7619 Monday, November 21, 2016 3:29 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This view doesn't exist by default, it means this is a custom view created by your PWA admin. You should go in the server settings, manage view and see the definition of the view: filters... It could be relevant with the fact they see all the resource in Project Pro, since the view in PWA are just applicable to PWA.

Also based on the name of the view, it is more than likely that it is configured on the RBS (there is a checkbox in the view definition saying that it filters resources based on the RBS). Finally, check for the security catagory associated to the view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Trekker7619 Friday, January 20, 2017 1:35 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This view doesn't exist by default, it means this is a custom view created by your PWA admin. You should go in the server settings, manage view and see the definition of the view: filters... It could be relevant with the fact they see all the resource in Project Pro, since the view in PWA are just applicable to PWA.

Also based on the name of the view, it is more than likely that it is configured on the RBS (there is a checkbox in the view definition saying that it filters resources based on the RBS). Finally, check for the security catagory associated to the view.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Trekker7619 Friday, January 20, 2017 1:35 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 3:26 PM
  • This view have just one filter : Active = "Yes" (i.e. view all active resources)

Also there is no filter applied in 'Buid Team' screen.

Still they are able to see just one resource. 

Is there filter anywhere else (except 'Manage View' and 'Build Team'), which can impact this?

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:01 PM
  • Did you check my entire post? "build team" view can be filtered with the RBS.

I think this is related to the RBS based filter in the view definition (PWA Server settings/Manage views) and not to a filter directly in the view.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:24 PM