Dell XPS M1330; Plugged in and not charging RRS feed

• Question

• im using a dell xps m1330 model, where i cannot use the laptop without the charger plugged in. I had just replaced a new battery, which is not charging! Im so annoyed as i cant use it without the ac adapter plugged in. Can anyone help me pleaseeee!!!???

Thankyou in advance! 

Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the symptom, I am sorry to say it might beyond Windows operating system, we need to work closely with the hardware manufacturer to fix this kind of issue. Dell support would be the best resource.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:23 AM
  • If its not charging then there is a hardware problem. Check in the BIOS and see if there is anything there.

Inaugurated! That you for your support for my 2010 MVP!

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the symptom, I am sorry to say it might beyond Windows operating system, we need to work closely with the hardware manufacturer to fix this kind of issue. Dell support would be the best resource.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:23 AM
  • Thankyou for your reply, How do i check the BIOS?
    ds
    Friday, January 14, 2011 11:02 AM
  • This problem may occur because of a code defect in the system firmware (BIOS) of Dell PCs. It requires the hardware manufacture to do some research and publish an updated BIOS that is compatible with Windows 7 or other actions. On the operation system side, I can suggest installing the latest chipset driver and BIOS. Boot in BIOS by pressing Del, F2 or other keys which is different from brands of computers.

Regards,

Monday, January 17, 2011 5:29 AM