downloading up dates RRS feed

• Question

• I have 19 up dates sitting on my my screen and my computer doesnt downloading them....it says 0% complete. What should i do?

Saturday, October 9, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• Download and install the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 and check if all is okay or not.

Download and run the tool, it will say that it's "installing"...it's actually running the readiness scan at this time so you should let the installation run to completion. The KB article says it will appear to hang at 60% completion and I've observed this as well. Just be patient and let it finish.

If this does not solve your problem, please reset windows update components .

If you have a question related to Windows Update, please post your question in the dedicated  Windows Update Forum.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:28 AM
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 9:57 PM
  •  Also, after running the SUR tool as was suggested before, can you also
    upload the log CheckSUR.log file that it generates in
    %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log (usually 
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log),

-- Mike Burr
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:19 PM

All replies

• Download and install the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 and check if all is okay or not.

Download and run the tool, it will say that it's "installing"...it's actually running the readiness scan at this time so you should let the installation run to completion. The KB article says it will appear to hang at 60% completion and I've observed this as well. Just be patient and let it finish.

If this does not solve your problem, please reset windows update components .

If you have a question related to Windows Update, please post your question in the dedicated  Windows Update Forum.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 9:57 PM
  •  Also, after running the SUR tool as was suggested before, can you also
    upload the log CheckSUR.log file that it generates in
    %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log (usually 
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log),

-- Mike Burr
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:19 PM