Outlook 2016 Office 365 Plus RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if anyone has seen this before or not.  I have an end user when she is reading an email that has its calendar files in the attachment the message preview does not preview correctly.  But when she is reading a regular email with no calendar attachment the email previews just fine.  I have run the quick repair, I have run the online repair, I have done an uninstall and reinstall of office and no luck.  Any help would be much appreciated. The end user did tell me when she goes to another computer and sign's in and opens outlook the previews works as intended.  
    Friday, March 1, 2019 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment but cannot reproduce what is described in your thread.(Outlook 2016 version: 16.0.4266.1001)                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    Does this issue only occur when there is a calendar attachment in message or only occur to this calendar file? We can also check if this problem can be reproduced with other types of attachment. For example, Word or Excel.
    Could you please resend the problematic message and see if there is any difference?

>>when she goes to another computer and sign's in and opens outlook the previews works as intended. 
    Please confirm if the versions of Outlook on the two computers are the same.

>>the message preview does not preview correctly.
    Is it possible to provide more details about the “not preview correctly”? I would appreciate it if you could remove the privacy information and then share the screenshot of the problematic message so that we can do more research on this.

Besides, it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 4, 2019 8:16 AM
  • Hi, Aidan, I will attach some pictures of what is happening when she is at her computer.  I will try and get some pictures when she is on another computer later.  
    Monday, March 4, 2019 3:29 PM
  • Hi, Aidan, I can't post any pictures because my account is not verified.  
    Monday, March 4, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If possible, please send your pictures to the following email address that we use to collect information:

GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com

Please add a link to this post in the subject of the email to facilitate the differentiation of the email. We will review and further analyze after receiving the email.

(Notice: Please remove the privacy information.)

In addition, could you please provide me with more details about the questions I mentioned above?
    And please try my suggestions and let me know the result.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:12 AM
  • I have sent the email.  
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have received your emails, when the attachment of a message is a calendar, the body of the message cannot be previewed correctly.
    And I noticed that the format of the email you received is plain text, so please check if this email also displayed as plain text on another computer. Or you have checked the box of “ read all standard mail in plain text” via File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Email Security > Read as Plain Text.

Does this issue only occur when there is a calendar attachment in message or only occur to this calendar file? We can also check if this problem can be reproduced with other types of attachment. For example, Word or Excel. Please help confirm this so that we can do further analysis on this issue. 

And it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, March 7, 2019 2:02 AM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_77 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="77" id="77">HI</g> the end user contacted me and is happening in regular emails as well.
    Monday, March 11, 2019 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

>>the end user contacted me and is happening in regular emails as well.
    Does “regular emails” mean an email without an attachment or an email with an Word or Excel attachment?

Have you tried my suggestions above? Please let me know the result so that I can help you analyze the problem better.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:14 AM
  • It does not matter if there is an attachment or not.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> It does not matter if there is an attachment or not.
    Do you mean that preview issue would appear regardless the mail has or has no attachments with it?

Besides, have you tried start your Outlook in safe mode? Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, March 15, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Hi, Aidan what I mean is now the message preview is not working correctly with regular emails.  We have tried it in safe mode and that did not work.  The message previews work's correctly when the user sign's into another computer.  
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Based on your description, please try hiding your Reading Pane then reactivating it and see if there is any difference.
    Besides, it is suggested to create a new Outlook profile:
    1. In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles.
    2. Choose Show Profiles > Add.
    3. In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile, and then choose OK.
    4. Once the profile is created, on the Show Profiles dialog, choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
    5. Then please open your Outlook with the new profile and see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Hi, Aidan, we have tried a new profile already but I will try and had the reading pane.  
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Hi, Aidan, I tried turned the reading pane off and then on and still does not work properly.  
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:26 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Given this situation, please try configuring another normal email account on your Outlook and see if there is any difference.

If the issue continues, it is suggested to perform a clean boot in your Windows.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, March 29, 2019 9:38 AM